sunnydaytodaymamasunnydaytodaymamasunnydaytodaymamasunnydaytodaymamasunnydaytodaymamasunnydaytodaymamasunnydaytodaymama

12 August 2012

Sunnyboy's new pirate boat (and a treasure map)





At the beginning of summer Nozy made Sunnyboy a new pirate boat and it's been a wonderful addition to our garden, along with the outdoor play kitchen and the play house Nozy built in the spring.







We used a page from an old atlas and soaked it with tea to make a treasure map.











You may also like:

Outdoor play kitchen


Making a mini pond


Homemade wooden Angry Birds game


Hunt the fossilised dinosaur poo


How to mummify Action Man


Lego inspiration


Click here to see the play, crafts and learning ideas blog link-ups we share at.
See more pirate activities at TheBoyAndMe.

PLAY on Sunny Days Pinterest.

sunnydaytodaymama

20 comments:

  1. I love the idea of staining an atlas map to make it look old. The pirate ship is great. My boys would love it. They used to love playing on the town one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness, I want one too. What a great pirate boat!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well done to Nozy. This is just every boys' dream to have their very own pirate ship! Mum and Dad

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's amazing - very creative. I want one for our garden!

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh my goodness this is too cool

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, I'd happily spend hours playing in that!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my goodness, that is WONDERFUL! What a lucky boy!!
    Thanks for sharing on Kids Get Crafty!

    Maggy

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a great pirate ship (Forget the kids. I want one)

    ReplyDelete
  9. That's a fantastic pirate ship and your little boy has a brilliant imagination. Well done mummy for nurturing it!

    Popping over from Country Kids

    (Also I'm trying to build up a pirate activity directory at the moment and would love it if you would link up to it please? http://www.theboyandme.co.uk/2012/08/07/how-to-make-a-pirate-spyglass/)

    ReplyDelete
  10. My boys would love this! Thanks for sharing at Saturday Show and Tell. I hope you be back this week with more great stuff!
    -Mackenzie
    http://www.cheeriosandlattes.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh, how fun!! I love it!! Thank you for sharing at Sharing Saturday!! Also to let you know, it was the most clicked this week so I'll be featuring it later! Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  12. A pirate ship and a treasure map? How fun! Thanks for sharing at the Sunday Showcase. :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. That pirate ship is awesome! Thanks for linking up to the outdoor play party.

    ReplyDelete
  14. This pirate boat is wonderful! We might make this a fall project for us. It's brillant!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh WOW! That is just amazing! I'll be showing my husband! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wonderful! That is one of the best things I've seen in a long time.

    Thanks for linking to Science Sparks. x

    ReplyDelete
  17. What a fantastic pirate boat!!!

    Thanks for linking up to Learning Laboratory :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. That is a fantastic Pirate boat, Wish I was that creative

    ReplyDelete
  19. I love this. I wish I was clever enough to build my kids something like this.

    ReplyDelete