sunnydaytodaymamasunnydaytodaymamasunnydaytodaymamasunnydaytodaymamasunnydaytodaymamasunnydaytodaymamasunnydaytodaymama

4 March 2012

Ogre poo and other nature walk finds



On Thursday we went looking for spring on a nature walk.







While we were having lunch in the cafe we started a nature walk journal.



As well as starting a journal and taking photographs on our walk, we also filled up the tins and bags in our Nature Study kit with things we found. At home we arranged them in one of a set of storage pages (actually designed for storing mounted slides and transparencies) that I bought from our charity shop last week. We labelled them with the date and place we found them so that as we collect more we can compare our nature finds throughout the year.



Perhaps the best find of the day was "Ogre poo". We didn't bring any home but we did get pictures! Here's some Sunnyboy fished out of the lake with a stick.



Accidental photographs:
I'd taken my new camera with me and accidentally discovered the wide screen setting. I rather like the result.







If you have a post about a nature journal, spring nature walk or any post with a spring theme, we'd love you to link up at our All Year Round Blog Carnival: Spring, which is open for new links until May.

sunnydaytodaymama

More Nature Study inspiration on Pinterest.
sunnydaytodaymama

Click here to see the play, crafts and learning ideas blog link-ups we share at.

16 comments:

  1. love the wide shots! it's definitely spring here in texas!

    ReplyDelete
  2. great finds (the ogre poo and the wide screen setting) :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful photos! And I love your collection of nature finds!!!

    Thanks for linking up to Learning Laboratory at Mama Smiles :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. i love the nature study! and the ogre poo would have been the highlight of the day for my boys as well :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. It looks peaceful. Spring is slowly coming to our area. I'm hopeful that next week will be nice for walks.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the "ogre poo" and the way that you are displaying/storing your nature finds!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the idea of using slide holders for your nature treasures. Making note of that one! Eventually, I'll get organized and share a post for the Spring blog carnival. =)

    ReplyDelete
  8. The ogre poo cracked me up! I'd love to take a nature walk with my littles soon...

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a nice spring nature walk, our family loves getting out in nature, taking great pictures, and finding a few nature goodies to bring home and add to our little collections. Love all your pictures, and interesting finds. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great idea for organizing your finds from the walk... I need to look for those next time I'm out.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Loving the ogre poo! Thanks for linking to Science Sparks. x

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love the effect of your wide screen photographs and that organisation folder is brilliant, that is the sort of thing i love to do! Maybe Shrek lives close by!

    Thanks for linking to Family frolics!

    ReplyDelete
  13. LOL at ogre poo. My daughter likes to pretend a lot of stuff is imaginary animal poo too. =) Lovely photos and thank you for linking up to the Outdoor Play Party, I hope you come back again tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love that you have saved some of your finds!! Loved reading this! Thanks for linking up to TGIF! See you again tomorrow,
    Beth

    ReplyDelete
  15. This is something that my daughter and I love to do...exploring the outdoors. I've never thought about saving our finds though..great idea!! Thanks so much for sharing this with us at Sharing Saturday.. hope to see you again this week.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Looks like a great nature walk. Thanks for sharing with Look What We Did.

    ReplyDelete